Announcing: Whiny Post Day

| Thursday, March 4, 2010
As you may or may not know, bloggers are people with feelings. Some of these are positive, some are negative. We get angry and happy and even... whiny. Usually we refrain from these whiny posts because they're whiny and who wants to read that? Whoever makes the first whiny post will look like a total emo jackass. But if we all make a whiny post? Then we are liberated. To be whiny.

And so I announce to you, the first annual Whiny Post Day of March 17. On this day, bloggers everywhere are allowed to make one whiny post in solidarity with their fellow bloggers who are also making whiny posts.

1780 - George Washington grants the Continental Army a holiday "as an act of solidarity with the Irish in their fight for independence".

2008 - Governor of New York Eliot Spitzer resigns after a scandal involving a high-end prostitute

None of these are very good for whining, but they were better than the alternatives: terrorist attacks and battles and whatnot.

What is a Whiny Post?
It's a post about your unjustified, unsupported, stupid complaints. Maybe someone got a node just ahead of you. On a normal day the correct thought pattern is "oh well, I'll go in a different direction" or if you happen to mention it the correct response is "shut the fuck up, so what?" But on Whiny Post Day? You fucking whine about that damn night elf druid who got to the node first and you know, just KNOW that he only got there first because flight form is instant cast so he had a totally unfair advantage.

If you can't figure out if a post is whiny, use these simple checks.
- Would you be annoyed at reading it?
- Would you want to respond with "cry more"?
- Do I disagree with your complaint?
This last one is most essential. The primary indicator of a whine instead a legitimate complaint is that someone else disagrees that there is a problem.

So join us in whining. If you don't, the next day will be Whine About the Lack of Whiny Posts Day. And that's just too damn much whining.

11 comments:

Tam said...

I'll put in the calender in Single Abstract Noun! WHINING SHALL COVER THE LAND FOR KLEP DECREES IT SO!

:)

Kara said...

Neat idea :D I'll definitely participate!

Unknown said...

Leave NY out of this~

Klepsacovic said...

@Tam: This doesn't yet make up for your Euro-elitism.

@Askevar: There's the spirit! But perhaps exclamation points are too positive and cheerful. Is there such thing a depression point?

@Heather: Bring it on. BTW, if you're the Heather from NY that I think you are, where have you been?

Keredria said...

Hahaha, you amuse me so. =)

I'll see what I can do.

Crucifer said...

March 17th is St. Patrick's Day.

I'll be too busy drinking and enjoying myself to whine.

On the other hand, I can get winey...

Klepsacovic said...

Get drunk and give us some grievances!

Melfina said...

Ooh, in character drunken whining! I am so in. Now to figure out how to get my goody two-shoes priest drunk...

Anonymous said...

Great stuff you came up with here! I did my best, looking forward eagerly to the other more whiny bloggers (:

Jomu said...

whiny post up!

said...

I may be late to the party, but I, too, have whined on Whiny Post Day. It's not about World of Warcraft, but what are you gonna do, cry about it?

Post a Comment

Comments in posts older than 21 days will be moderated to prevent spam. Comments in posts younger than 21 days will be checked for ID.

Powered by Blogger.