It all makes sense now

| Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Arena requirements on honor gear confused me for so long. But now, now it has all come together.

Arenas are for noobs. Yep, that's it. Arenas are for noobs and battlegrounds are for the real badasses.

Follow this.

You want to raid Naxx. Or go back in time and do MC or Karazhan. What do you need? Those quest greens aren't going to cut it. Instances. You need regular 5-man instances, maybe some heroics. These are clearly intended to be the noob places where people gear up for the serious business of raiding and the associated gear.

So what are arenas? They're the noob places where you get points and ratings so you can go to BGs and get the real stuff: honor for honor gear.

Or my logic is completely flawed and arena ratings on honor gear actually make no sense at all.


On the plus side, my new death knight is pretty fun. I tried blood and didn't like it. It felt like it worked against itself with stealing runes from other types, but then needing those runes. Frost just doesn't make sense to me. Unholy just looks awesome.

Overall it feels like some sort of rogue-warlock mix, which is mixed for me since I don't like the rogue style much, but I love warlocks. Onward to Outland...

1 comments:

Pangoria Fallstar said...

What is it about frost that you don't get?

Icy, Plague, spread it, Boil, Blast.

Rinse and repeat.

I deal with 4-8 mobs my level easily with that tactic.

Then again, I haven't been playing much cause I've been focusing on my shaman....

Post a Comment

Comments in posts older than 21 days will be moderated to prevent spam. Comments in posts younger than 21 days will be checked for ID.

Powered by Blogger.