Tomorrow Blizzard will announce shaman tank tree

| Tuesday, April 6, 2010
Today Blizzard reversed their year-plus philosophy of DKs having three trees of tanking and DPS. Tomorrow: Shamans.

You heard it here first!

Tomorrow Blizzard will announce huge changes to enhancement to turn it into a tanking tree. We'll see the return of their shield block talent (5% block chance and increased block value I believe), the buffing of their armor talent, and spirit wolves will be soul-linked to the shaman, making them a powerful aggro and EH cooldown.

I shall rejoice.

And finally level my shaman that last level.

[edit]
As per the prediction of Iapetes, retribution will become a tanking tree. To retain the DPS capabilities of paladins, shockadins will be buffed.

Lolsmite will become OWsmite. And shadow will be a half-DPS, half-healing spec, used to fix the mathematical problems caused by trying to tune a 25-man raid down to 10 people.

Arcane will become a healing/buffing spec.

Hunters will have no DPS tree. BM will be a pet-tank tree based on buffing their pet and aggro-multiplied misdirect to their pets. Survival will be an avoidance tank based on DoT damage with a semi-useful pet, similar to unholy. Marks will have barely any damage, but absolutely overpowered kiting abilities, and will be used only in WSG to screw up flag runners.

5 comments:

Rades said...

...the funny thing is, I loved the sound of all three of those hunter specs! Haha...

Oxymustard said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjIuMtiT4F8&feature=fvw

Would be nice if they made it a pure tanking spec so I can dust of enh spec :]

Dali said...

I would love it if shamans had a tanking spec. So much.

Klepsacovic said...

@Rades: Perhaps I should submit an application to Blizzard.

@Oxymustard: I was going to watch that, but while it was loading I read the comment and remembered that I hate people who comment on youtube.

@Dali: Back in the day we even had +aggro on one of our weapon buffs. Good times.

We Fly Spitfires said...

Y'know, joking aside, I would actually really like to see a tanking tree for the Shaman. I mean, why not? If Druids and Paladins can do all three, so can Shamans!!

Post a Comment

Comments in posts older than 21 days will be moderated to prevent spam. Comments in posts younger than 21 days will be checked for ID.

Powered by Blogger.