I do the advertising here

| Saturday, September 3, 2011
Now and then I get a polite email about this or that post and some suggestion regarding advertising. Sometimes this involves me potentially getting money.

The Point:

I despise advertising. The theory of it, that it spreads information and by showing desirable products to consumers allows them to buy said products, is great. Information is a good thing. But advertising isn't about information, it is about manipulation, sometimes even outright deception. I want nothing to do with this.

But I'm not adverse to linking what I find interesting. And that's about it. I don't link for money, never have, never will. Maybe this is stupid, that I could get a decent bit of money from handing out a link here and there. Maybe no one would even notice. But just because you don't notice a leech doesn't mean it isn't there. I don't like leeches.

1 comments:

Gladiola said...

Roose Bolton likes leeches.

Post a Comment

Comments in posts older than 21 days will be moderated to prevent spam. Comments in posts younger than 21 days will be checked for ID.

Powered by Blogger.