I'm disabling anonymous commenting

| Friday, March 1, 2013
I prefer to allow it so that people can say their bit without needing to set up another account.  I don't recall having any problems with anonymous trolls.  But lately I've been getting a lot of spam.  Since posts older than three weeks are automatically moderated, I was catching all of it.  Then this week I saw it get through the filter and into recent posts.

Because of that, I'm turning off anonymous commenting.  I will turn it back on eventually; maybe the filter will have improved by then.  In the meantime, I'm sorry to anyone who cannot comment.

2 comments:

Green Armadillo said...

I just made the same tough call. The thing that gets to me is that Google has always sent me comment notices for all comments, including spam, so I don't know when a spam has actually gotten through.

Klepsacovic said...

The strange thing is, I've had it on for months. It's only in the past few weeks that I've had much attempted spam. I wonder if a post got linked somewhere.

Post a Comment

Comments in posts older than 21 days will be moderated to prevent spam. Comments in posts younger than 21 days will be checked for ID.

Powered by Blogger.