Looking for an Alliance PvE server

| Sunday, February 23, 2014
My paladin is looking for a home. I'm not aiming for a particular guild, just a PvE server, within an hour of CST, where the Alliance isn't terrible and where the population is high enough to have a decent AH and guilds.
Quel'dorei, Blackhand, Draka, and Rexxar look promising: high population, decent faction balance (for the BG queues). Does anyone have any experience with of these servers?

Or does anyone have any advice in general? I've never needed to look for a realm, just found some friends and followed them for a few years.

I wish there was something like a 'realm preview' feature. Pay your money and then you get to play your chosen character on a selection of five realms, with a month to pick one.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been happy with Kilrogg.

Anonymous said...

I'll pimp my own server. Blackhand was recently merged with Galakrond, and has been solidly medium population for a while. The AH tends to be very well stocked, and I can't really thing of any time I've ever gone looking for something and been unable to find it. Common stuff tends to sell very well also; I still get good money out of Frostweave bags and MoP herbs/flasks.

As for PvP balance, I don't know that I've ever spent more than a couple minutes in the queues when I've been running them for the Legenedary quest line.

Anonymous said...

wowprogress.com plus the bnet server forums give a decent enough idea of destination. I don't think realm balance has any impact today, what with battlegroups being balanced around that. I come from Stormrage, where there simply are no horde. You don't really notice, certainly on a PvE server.

EchoNotEcho said...

I have friends on Rexxar, and they seem to have a pretty lively AH and Guild community. Proudmoore is a zoo, but you'll never be lonely or bored. The rest of my toons are on backwaters, Kael'thas and Greymane are no longer thriving dens of scum and villainy, nor much of anything else these days.

koalabear said...

I have friends (and alts) in a very friendly guild on Winterhoof. Since the merger it has livened up a lot. The guild at one time was the largest Alliance guild on the server (social, not raiding). I know many of the people in it are central or eastern. You might want to check it out. Crits and Giggles on Winterhoof.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/guild/winterhoof/Crits_and_Giggles/

Hopefully the link won't get my comment eaten as spam.

Klepsacovic said...

I'm checking out Blackhand, running a DK through a bit to see how things are. So far things look okay. It's going to be a while before I get used to not getting attacked during the Dark Portal loading screen.

Post a Comment

Comments in posts older than 21 days will be moderated to prevent spam. Comments in posts younger than 21 days will be checked for ID.

Powered by Blogger.