But I don't have a newsletter!

| Tuesday, January 26, 2010
Ah, to be an Internet noob again. A long while back, well long is relative, so let's go with five years, I wrote a forum post, the subject I do not remember. Someone replied: "your ideas intrigue me and I would like to subscribe to your newsletter". I was flattered, but lacked a newsletter. Since then I've been confident in my brilliance.

Perhaps this is why I am so arrogant as to think my ideas deserve their own space to be preserved and read by all.

For more on this, read Tree of Life: Bloggers: what differentiates us? This is a very slow response.

5 comments:

LarĂ­sa said...

I honestly think one of the reasons for me to start blogging was to show my guildies some mercy not forcing my ramblings upon them in the guild forum...

There were other reasons as well. But it's great to have a sandbox where you can rant as much as you want to without feeling that you're taking the space for others.

Tam said...

But your ideas *do* deserve their own space and be read by all! :)

I have no idea why I blog...because I can, I guess :P

Klepsacovic said...

@Larisa: Heh, I did the same, but for the paladin forums. You've made some very nice sandcastles.

@Tam: Thanks! Now I'll never shut up.

SlikRX said...

Just on the off chance you aren't aware, the "...can I subscribe..." is a bit of a meme/trend that was popular a number of years ago. I saw it a BUNCH when I used to peruse FARK.com.

It was definitely meant as a pat on the back, but not meant literally...

(yes, I think you know it as well, but just on the VERY slim cahnce you don't)

Klepsacovic said...

@SlikRX: Really? At the time I thought it was supposed to be a compliment but since then I thought it was meant to be sarcastic, similar to "this post is new and original".

Post a Comment

Comments in posts older than 21 days will be moderated to prevent spam. Comments in posts younger than 21 days will be checked for ID.

Powered by Blogger.