Why I hate Eye for an Eye

| Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Oh no no, not the talent. If I ever make a PvP build I'm sure I'll pick it up. Oh no, I mean the sinister spreader of memes at Eye for an Eye. He's gone and made me a scrapper, which I guess would make a pretty nice engineering title.

Rules
So, rule thingies... Man, I love copy-paste, I have no clue how I'd indent the numbers. I like that look. Maybe I should just start copying half of all his posts, just for the formatting. And loh and behold, I hit preview to see what it looks like and no indent. DAMN YOU E4E!

1. When accepting this auspicious award, you must write a post bragging about it, including the name of the misguided soul who thinks you deserve such acclaim, and link back to the said person so everyone knows she/he is real.

2. Choose a minimum of seven (7) blogs that you find brilliant in content or design. Or improvise by including bloggers who have no idea who you are because you don’t have seven friends. Show the seven random victims’ names and links and leave a harassing comment informing them that they were prized with Honest Weblog. Well, there’s no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon.

3. List at least ten (10) honest things about yourself. Then pass it on!

So, I am apparently awesome. By that I mean my awesomeness has been confirmed by the receiving of this award. However not to diminish the award, but in normal circumstances the award alone is not poor of awesome. In this case, the award was clearly, non-verbally, given with a message of "this is a more awesome award than usual for a person who is more awesome than usual." He even slipped a $20 bill in the envelope.

Tags
People.. 7 people? Crap. Well I'll just pull out my list of blog links and run down there and see who... Oh. They have it already. Hm...

Flash of Moonfire I just found this blog a few days ago, but I like the writing.
Due to insufficient ranting, I present to you: Ixobelle.
No one seems to have tagged Euripedes over at Critical QQ. His blog is cool, go read it. Bring a snorkel, it's written by a mage. :P
Player vs. Developer always has good posts, sometimes too good, the type that you feel by commenting on for fear of tainting them with a lack of proper writing.
Iapetes because I lack people who are wrong to argue with.
I wish I could add Larisa, but she's taken.

And now I think that has taken out the last of the blogs I read which haven't been awarded already. Uh oh. I could tag random blogs, but that seems dishonest and if there's one thing the internet encourages, it's honesty. Honestly.

Honesty
Honesty! Honesty? Oh come on! This is a microcosm of a society, a mini-society if you will. A virtual one. We're the Tamagachi of society and I am a puppy. Just as you need to feed the dog, so must in society you lie. "How are you?" "Good, how about you?" Honesty would be bad, for one because then we'd start listing all the problems. Honesty means long lists and responses like "tl;dr." Or maybe that's just the result of my writing style. Is bad a style? Oh well... honesty here goes nothing.

1) If no one is around, I often argue with myself. I get very mad if I lose.

2) I dislike things that I'm bad at. This probably explains my views on arenas and healing. There are only a few exceptions, such as chess towards which I am a mostly positive, but apathetic view.

3) I never got past Razorgore in pre-BC.

4) I used to be totally indifferent to bugs: snakes, ants, bees, that sort of thing. Now they scare the crap out of me and I can't remember any experience which would have caused this.

5) I started college as a chemical engineering major, but partially due to excessive WoW, I did poorly, switched majors twice and am now a psychology major and recently added a minor in sociology.

6) I have a constant fear of doing it wrong. For example: are these suppose to sound like my life story in numbered form?

7) My first account was not my own, but was instead loaned by a friend (it was his friend's who didn't play anymore) so I could try WoW. I think it's been sold.

8) I really like lore. I read quests. I usually play with music on, but when I'm leveling somewhere new or doing one of the really deep quests, I turn it off and maybe turn on in-game music.

9) I feel guilty if I spec ret because my paladin was modeled after a prot PvP video from back when reckoning was good. Go look up Zalgradis PvP 3. It's very old, pre-1.9.

10) In retrospect, I used to be laughably bad. At everything. But as I pointed out in class yesterday when debating whether technology was making kids unable to communicate: we all used to be stupid, it's just part of being a few years ago.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments in posts older than 21 days will be moderated to prevent spam. Comments in posts younger than 21 days will be checked for ID.

Powered by Blogger.